Wednesday, January 27, 2016

WELL, LET'S JUST SAY IT'S FILLED WITH SYMBOLISM AND THINGS LIKE THAT:  My recent discovery of a delightful Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/Mad Max: Fury Road trailer is just the slender reed I need to open up a long-delayed holy shit, Fury Road was awesome discussion thread here, because part of what Blizzapocalypse 2016 wrought was the opportunity I needed to watch it finally.

And, um, yeah. You get slammed in media res and by golly, it's a hell of a race. I don't want to spoil anything plot-wise (let's save that for comments), but, seriously, what a gorgeous movie. I think I'd have to go back to some of my favorite Baz Luhrmann films (another Aussie, go figure) to find a film where it felt like this much thought was put into every nook and cranny.  Highly, highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment