Friday, November 2, 2012

NERO, FIDDLING, AND THE NYC MARATHON: A play in one act:

NERO: [fiddling]
TWITTIUS: cough
NERO: [fiddling]
TWITTIUS:  ahem
NERO: [fiddling]
TWITTIUS: Nero
NERO:  I AM TRYING TO FIDDLE HERE
TWITTIUS:  Yeah, that's my point
NERO:
TWITTIUS:  Stop fiddling
NERO:
TWITTIUS:  Because the fires
NERO:
TWITTIUS:
NERO: If I stop, it's not going to help put the fires out
TWITTIUS:
NERO: Some parts of Rome are not burning
TWITTIUS:
NERO: They can't hear me fiddling in the parts that are on fire
TWITTIUS:
NERO: By the time I'm done fiddling, some parts that are on fire will be not on fire
TWITTIUS:
NERO: I've been practicing my fiddling for months
TWITTIUS:
NERO: Some of my courtiers paid serious grape to hear me fiddle
TWITTIUS:
NERO: The fiddle-based forumplace needs me to fiddle
TWITTIUS:
NERO: Rome needs something to celebrate right now
TWITTIUS:
NERO: If I stop fiddling, the fires will have won
TWITTIUS:
NERO: Oh all right
TWITTIUS: Bitchin'
NERO:
TWITTIUS: So
NERO: Lions vs. Christians at the Colisseum?
TWITTIUS:  On it
NERO: HA
TWITTIUS:  TOTALLY NOT THE SAME THING

2 comments: