Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A QUARTER MILLION MILES ISN'T REALLY THAT FAR. IT TOOK ME TWO CHEVYS BUT I'VE DONE IT IN A CAR: I just want to note how much time I've wasted in the last two weeks playing Kerbal Space Program. It's a space program simulation game that's in early Beta and it's about the coolest game I've played in years. You run a space program and, using various technologies, try to bring glory to your people. And you will kill a lot of astronauts in the process.

A lot.

And it is awesome.

(Demo mode is free. Early Beta is $18 and entitles you to all improvements from here on out. Lots of features are hinted at, but it is completely awesome as-is.)

2 comments:

  1. Also awesome? Available for OS X as well as that other system.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buddy Corey clued me into KSP a week ago, and I downloaded it mere hours before this post went up. It could be kind of grim and disturbing, if the characters weren't so lovingly animated.

    Also, if trying to make it in space is your thing, you may want to check out FTL (http://www.ftlgame.com/).

    ReplyDelete