Friday, November 18, 2011

PENNY CANNED? It's been a bad week for Abed. Not only is Community going on hiatus, but Cougar Town doesn't have a spot on ABC's midseason lineup. Of note:

  • Cross-dressing comedy Work It! replaces Man Up! on Tuesdays, with Celebrity Wife Swap filling for Dancing With The Vaguely Famous Results until The River (creepy found footage show from Paranormal Activity creator Oren Peli) takes over the slot in February for a short run.

  • Winter Wipeout leads off Thursdays for a while, until it gets replaced with Ashley Judd/Sean Bean thriller Missing.

  • GCB (fka Good Christian Belles, fka Good Christian Bitches) replaces Pan Am out of Desperate Housewives, though ABC may return to Pan Am for a second season.

In addition to Cougar Town, no slot yet for Our Friend Shonda's new crisis management show Scandal, which, if I were a betting man, winds up Thursdays at 10, with Private Practice wrapping its season a little early, or takes the slot from Body of Proof on Tuesdays. Also not scheduled--Don't Trust The B***h In Apartment 23, which I'm guessing they're holding if Work It fails or to launch out of Modern Family.

10 comments:

  1. Maret6:17 PM

    Other than Smash, the only new shows that aren't on cable that I've been looking forward to are Apt. 23 and Scandal. And I love me some Cougar Town. The only good thing I can say about this and NBC's line-up is that I won't be running into any DVR conflicts since they aren't putting on any shows I want to watch. WANT PENNY CAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah Lee6:56 PM

    Are you sure that Deadline Hollywood didn't accidently pick up up a feed from The Onion and mistake it for real programming news?  Those can't be real shows, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. isaac_spaceman6:57 PM

    Maybe it could get a slot if they'd just call it Cougar Town! God, I miss Cougar Town.  Excuse me, God, I miss Cougar Town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its too bad ABC doesn't have a perfect companion to Cougar Town that they could pair it with, like Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  5. JosephFinn8:18 PM

    In other TV news, Batman: The Brave and the Bold had one of the finest finales I've ever seen tonight.  Let's just say it involved every possible way to make a show jump the shark, from relocations to Scrappy-Doo, all the way to and infamous show killer as Aquaman.  Goodness, what a great light-hearted take on Batman the show was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really think I'm going to give up tv.  Nothing seems good in the scripted world and I really don't give a crap if stars dance their asses off or if anyone survives on an island.  Who is watching this crap?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ramar1:08 AM

    ABC has retained Work It! over Cougar Town, NBC has retained Whitney over Community, and CBS is going to crush Parks and Recreation with a Rob Schneider vehicle.

    Network television has failed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No Cougar Town? Really? Nooooooooo!!! I've been looking forward to its return.

    These stupid networks are running out of shows for me. I think right now the only shows I watch on ABC are Modern Family and Dancing With the Stars -- and I tend to do a lot of fast-forwarding during DWTS. Over on CBS I've got HIMYM, BBT and Blue Bloods. That's about it. Hmm. Maybe I should thank the networks for giving me back my time.

    Or I could just throw some new shows into my Netflix queue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lisased8:54 AM

    This is what I'm doing. I avoided "The Good Wife" for awhile, but now I'm tearing through it. Not sure where to go next, though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Genevieve10:27 PM

    A Rob Schneider vehicle could crush Parks and Rec?  People will willingly watch Rob Schneider?

    ReplyDelete