Friday, August 5, 2011

CANTEEN BOY, MY BEARD IS SCRATCHY, ISN'T IT?  News from earlier this week I've neglected to address from 30 Rockefeller—Alec Baldwin and Melissa McCarthy will host the first two episodes of SNL this season, thus breaking the tie between Baldwin and Mr. Steve Martin atop the Five Timer's Club (both are at 15).

In addition, you know how we often do the "should go/will go" analysis of each year's SNL cast? This year, no one's leaving, whether the frequently-used (and flush with movie options) Kristen Wiig and Jason Sudeikis or the underused Jay Pharoah and Paul Brittain. Others may be added.

9 comments:

  1. I expect we may see less of Wiig this fall than we might expect, since she's going to be shooting a movie during the week.  And I fully expect we're going to see Tina Fey in some capacity on the premiere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's due end-of-summer.  Conceivable, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isaac_spaceman5:38 PM

    Conceivable, I suppose.

    I think she conceived already. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for that.  Sometimes you lob 'em up there and they drop to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseph J. Finn8:32 PM

    Thank.  Goodness.  (Wiig, that is; maybe I'm an outlier, but I don't care for her in SNL, but give me her performance in Whip It and I'm on board.)<span> </span>

    ReplyDelete
  6. D'Arcy10:56 PM

    You are not the only one, JJF. I have never liked Wiig or any of her characters on SNL.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I take a second chance at my response to Isaac?  Because I do not think "conceivable" means what he thinks it means.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meghan10:47 PM

    Wiig is overused and has been for a couple seasons now. Even if you liked her characters, it's just too much Wiig. And? Now and forever? Gilly was not funny ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gleemonex6:01 PM

    Uggggh. Come ON. We're keeping Armisen? Still? Christ. And enough Wiig -- I hope she'll be minimized. I don't like this "nobody leaving" thing, on principle -- clear out the deadwood, try a new face or two.

    Although I guess that definitely means Abby Elliott stays, which is good -- I have a bizarre love for her, even though she's only in about every twelfth sketch. They've never known what to do with her.

    ReplyDelete