Tuesday, February 22, 2011

YOU ARE INVITED:  We welcome new competitors to join us for the fourth season of ALOTT5MA rotisserie baseball. For the first time, we will be forming two leagues instead of one and employing a relegation system.

Last season we had 16 teams in one massively competitive head-to-head league; 14 owners are returning for 2011. Depending on how many new owners we have, either the top 10 or top 12 finishers from 2010 will form the ALOTT5MA Premier League, with the remaining 2-4 plus all new entrants forming ALOTT5MAAAball, or whatever other name y'all decide. The top four finishers from that league will move up to the Premiership for 2012, with the bottom four finishers from the Premiership moving down to the other league.  All of us are committed to making this work; no one's going to quit based on transferring leagues.



Each league will be free to form its own rules regarding draft format, player universe and scoring style, though the nature of the leagues mean that there will not be keepers. You need not be a well-traveled fantasy baseball player or a frequent commenter to join the league -- lurkers and novices are absolutely welcome. All we ask is that you commit to being active all season long.

If you're interested, please both indicate so here and shoot me an email with your contact info to throwingthingsblog -at- hotmail dot com. Adam C., J. Bowman and Dan Suitor have already won the coveted ALOTT5MAball fictional trophy; will you be next?

13 comments:

  1. J. Bowman8:28 AM

    A nit: I thought Feinberg was the inaugural champion. Admittedly, I was not in the league, and so have nothing to back that up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Fienberg win the first football league?

    ReplyDelete
  3. bristlesage10:00 AM

    Okay, I'm in.  My cover-to-cover reading of the Baseball Prospectus each year should finally be put to use, I guess. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell you that it does help.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. xlynwoodx4:02 PM

    Don't comment often, but would very much like to be a part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. randy6:04 PM

    Count me in.  I expect that my moderate level of baseball knowledge will be JUST ENOUGH for me to get my ass totally kicked.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Novanglus6:35 PM

    Novanglito and I will share a team. I'm neither a frequent commenter nor reader, but my wife (Genevieve) is both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, she has mentioned you from time to time here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Justin Sanders10:20 PM

    I'd be happy to join, as a long time lurker, first time poster.

    ReplyDelete
  10. please shoot me an email

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tom D7:54 PM

    Occasional commentator, long-time lurker, ready for a new league!  

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bobby9:27 AM

    Happy to join if virtual bodies are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. drewjensen2:38 PM

    Always read, never post, but would love to join if possible.  I'll send you an email as well. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete