Thursday, September 30, 2010

WHAT IS AWESOME? Two things of note about Jeopardy's episode from Tuesday night:
  • It featured a "blogs and bloggers" category, inexplicably excluding us, and really only featuring one question that required knowledge of blogs to answer.
  • A "name the artists from lyrics" category which apparently required Alex Trebek to say "I drink Brass Monkey and I rock well, I got a castle in Brooklyn that's where I dwell," "They call me Dr. Love, I am your doctor of love, I've got the cure you're thinking of" (Trust me I'm a doctor)," and "Are you going to let it all hang out? Fat bottomed girls, you make the rockin' world go round." Sadly, not as good as Pat Kiernan's recitation of "songs about the butt."

9 comments:

  1. Alan Sepinwall4:32 PM

    What was the question/answer related to hereabouts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrected--no question about us.  "What is Gawker?" is the only one that required knowledge of the blogosphere to answer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. christy in nyc4:50 PM

    I happened to see that! Weird board. The "blog" category had one question that almost maybe required that you have heard of the most famous blog ever (it was slightly teaseable from context but it would be a good guess if someone did), one politics question, one question about newspaper funnies, one asking for the definition of the word sartorial, and one that was basically asking "what color is a tree?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What ever happened to the World Series of Pop Culture? I loved that show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WSOPC was not renewed by VH1.  I know there was an ALOTT5MA Team submitted to the second one, and I tried for Internet qualification for at least one of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. spacewoman7:20 PM

    Having watched a whole lot of Jeopardy during spaceboy's short-lived Jeopardy obsession phase, I'm pretty sure "only one of the questions required any substantive knowledge of the category" describes about half the show. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Meghan7:47 PM

    Spaceboy 1?

    ReplyDelete
  8. isaac_spaceman9:05 PM

    Both of them, and basically neither of them knew any of the answers except for the geography ones, at which Spaceboy 1.0 is better than his parents. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. Genevieve5:10 PM

    Sign him up for the National Geography Bee in 10 years or so.

    ReplyDelete