Monday, August 16, 2010

WILL SHE LOSE HER DIGNITY? WILL ANYONE STILL CARE? Admittedly, we've left our You Shouldn't Throw Urine At Entertainers, No Matter How Shitty They Are desk vacant for quite awhile. I'm only occupying it temporarily in order to direct your attention to Nathan Rabin's first-hand account of Tila Tequila's trip to the Gathering of the Juggalos, including this apt reference:
I was reminded of the moment in Nashville where Gwen Welles performs a similarly unexpected, impromptu striptease in a tragic attempt to overcome a similar lack of talent.
"I expected Tequila’s performance to be met with critical brickbats and possibly actual bricks, but I also wondered if the combined forces of celebrity, boobs, and a pretty girl might collectively overcome the crowd’s intense contempt for an almost universally reviled bisexual Asian exhibitionist and her almost inconceivably awful rapping," Rabin writes. "Oh God was I wrong."

5 comments:

  1. bill.7:21 PM

    that description also works for my first high school Sadie Hawkins dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J. Bowman10:37 PM

    Everyone was runnin' around mad crazy with pitchforks, yo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spacewoman12:55 AM

    I also wondered if the combined forces of celebrity, boobs, and a pretty girl might collectively overcome the crowd’s intense contempt

    Perhaps if there were a celebrity or a pretty girl around, Rabin could have tested that theory. 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nearly tweeted about this, but didn't, in part out of concern that mentioning the word "Juggalo" would draw me Juggalo follow-bots.  (Same reason I did not post musing how this guy would be received at the Gathering of the Juggalos.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather K4:41 PM

    Yes, but can anyone tell me how magnets work?

    ReplyDelete