Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Remembering the 2000-01 Sixers | Philly

THE GAME THAT I GO OUT THERE AND DIE FOR AND PLAY EVERY GAME LIKE IT'S MY LAST: I said my goodbye to Allen Iverson when the 76ers traded him in 2006, but if Stephen A. is right it's over-over now. What a shame. The Inquirer helpfully brings us back to the 2000-01 season, one of the most wonderful, thrilling, city-uniting sports experiences of my life.

As he said in that press conference, "Believe me, it is just not about Allen Iverson. I am going to go to war for Philadelphia. Every time that ball goes up, I will go to war and fight. I am going to do some [expletive] that's wrong and I will do some things right. I can't do everything right all the time. Michael Jordan is the great player in the world. He did not do everything right all of the time but he tried and gave it his effort. That's all you can ask for." And that's what Iverson did.

No comments:

Post a Comment