Thursday, November 19, 2009

AS A REMINDER, THE CITY DUMP MAY BE CLOSED: With one week to go it's time for our annual preview of our Thanksgiving menu plans, and while I'm locked into the greatest turkey recipe ever I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the now-traditional Second Protein for our table of ten adults and three kids. In recent years, I've done the five-spice duck recipe with which I'm very comfortable, only with duck breasts instead of whole duck, but I'm considering a second option: making two, smaller turkeys if I can determine a second method which is different enough from but complements the first.

On the stuffing side, I'll probably reach towards the sausage/fennel direction again, but my 2008 experiment of preparing individual portions using muffin pans just didn't quite deliver on crunch or consistency. Everything else is someone else's problem. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment