Friday, October 16, 2009

YET ANOTHER INSTALLMENT OF MY OCCASIONAL, INFERIOR ATTEMPTS TO RESURRECT NEWSQUIZ: Last time, commuter Anne Marciano had said "I've never been a fan of numbers, but I'll give it a try," and while your suggestions included "Consecrating Levites for Temple Service" and "explaining credit default swaps," the actual "it" (and, oops, I forgot to say this back then) was that puzzlemaster Will Shortz was on her Septa train handing out Sudoku challenges to promote the impending national championships.

Okay, let's try again. Testifying in court on Wednesday, 67-year-old Atlantic City councilman and Baptist minister Eugene Robinson explained:
At first I kept saying, No, no, no. But then I thought, If you send a tourist away angry, they'll tell people not to come to Atlantic City. I don't think she would have been able to convince me if I wasn't so tired.
Convince him to do what, gang? As always, your funniest and least accurate responses are welcome.

updated: And the actual answer is, well, Robinson was the intended victim of a blackmail plot in which he reenacted the first verse of Leonard Cohen's "Chelsea Hotel No. 2".

No comments:

Post a Comment