Wednesday, August 5, 2009

THINK OF THE THINGS THAT YOU LOVE TO COOK AND JUST SAY "NO": Feck you, Zooey Deschanel and your twee vegan palate; yeah, okay, allergies, but still -- let's not have too much of it on my Top Chef. Bring back my proteins!

Anyone who's a veteran of this show knew during the shopping period just what this week's central question was going to be; while I was happy with its resolution, I couldn't help but wonder if the producers placed their thumb on the judging scales just a bit.

Meanwhile, here's the details on Hubert Keller's $5000 burger from The Burger Bar. (But from that, you make Phila's Good Dog burger?)

added: Judge James Oseland defends meat-free dining (and challenges); Scott Tobias recaps for the A.V. Club: "Over on the Twitter, Movieline (and erstwhile Defamer) writer Mark Lisanti and I have been exchanging alternative vegan titles for Zooey Deschanel movies. A few of my suggestions: (500) Days Of Sunchokes, Failure To Lunch, The Non-Food-Related Happening, Bridge To Arugula. A few of his: The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Carnivore Robert Ford, Vegan Elf, and (my personal favorite) Almost Flavorless. See how a social networking tool like Twitter can enrich your life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment