Friday, July 24, 2009

ZOMBIE HIP HOP REVIEW IN ACT I, ZOMBIE REVIVAL IN ACT II, ZOMBIE BRIDE IN ACT III: So it was a zombieriffic So You Think You Can Dance 100th episode. We had revivals (I never was that much of a fan of the bench dance, but Wade Robson and the Season II cast were great fun in Ramalama, and I noticed a lot more about Jaimie's work in the hummingbird dance than I did the first twelve times I saw it). We had a montage. We had Homecoming Night for many of the old casts (and Kherington appeared to be wearing a skating costume, so if Fame doesn't work out, there's always Ice Capades). We had heartbreak (Nigel was exceedingly unhappy about one of the eliminations, and I was unhappy about one of the non-eliminations). We had a world-record group hug (all of the choreographers came on stage, presumably to take a bow for the audience, but it looked like they were there to see off the bootees). My only complaints, really, were the opening number (Chorus Line is like acid in my ears) and the part where Katie Holmes's vanity number ground the whole show to a screeching halt.

No comments:

Post a Comment