- Are Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, and Zach Galifiankis movie stars now? Cooper, but not the other two?
- Who decided to greenlight a 100M+ plus version of Land of The Lost? A huge part of the nostalgic value is how bad the effects were, and the Sleestaks still look proudly like men in bad suits, so where did the money go?
- When the decision was made to make LOTL a comedy with a rather adult edge (seriously, Ferrell and McBride spend an extended period of time in the film stoned out of their minds in the movie), why release it the same week as the much buzzed Hangover?
- Is there a more inconsistent performer at the boxoffice than Will Ferrell? He seems to alternate hits (Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory) with big misses, even without stepping outside his wheelhouse.
- Is there a bigger one-hit-wonder in Hollywood than Nia Vardalos?
- Which of these three things about The Hangover is the biggest--how much money it will make, how funny it is, or how racist/sexist a hell of a lot of it is?
Saturday, June 6, 2009
LET'S ALL GO TO THE LOBBY, AND HAVE OURSELVES A SNACK: Some questions spurred by this weekend's box office:
Posted by Matt at 11:00 PM