Sunday, May 3, 2009

THE TRADITIONAL GIFT IS WOOD: Five years ago today, Adam asked Alex and I to join him, Isaac, and Phil here. Kim, Kingsley, TPE, and Bob joined us a bit later on, but it's still worth commemorating. On this auspicious blogiversary, I wanted to take a few minutes to thank two groups of people.

First are my co-bloggers. I've only had an opportunity to meet some of them in person, but I'm proud to call all of them my friends. Y'all make me laugh and think about things in a new way on a regular basis. Even if we don't agree on everything, we agree on the truly important issues, like the awesomeness of Neil Patrick Harris, that Lost is both maddening and rewarding, and that Jeremy Piven is kind of a douchebag.

Second is all of y'all--our readers and commenters. Isaac schmoopily sang your praises a while ago, and fun as screaming into the wind of the Internet is, knowing that we have readers who will engage with our content makes it worthwhile. This has been a great way to not just reconnect with old friends, but also to make new ones. Thanks to you folks--you're awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment