Monday, May 11, 2009

SINCE I’M NOT SURE WHETHER OR NOT LUCY WILL BE GUEST-BLOGGING: I gather from the comments on Adam’s earlier post that we now have no shortage of commenters who are eagerly awaiting the return of So You Think You Can Dance. (It’s like American Idol, only tougher!)

My BFF Nigel Lythgoe just emailed me (ok, fine, he twittered) that Shane Sparks will be back on SYTYCD this season. Here’s hoping that the year off recharged his creative batteries. A look at the jidges page shows a big lack of Alex da Silva (hmmm), Adam Shankman (boooo), and Wade Robson (big boooooooo). We do have one new judge/choreographer this time around: Jamal Sims, who apparently worked with Shankman on Hairspray, as well as choreographing a bunch of other films.

So here’s a question: Which dances have stayed with you over the course of the last year? For me it’s the Mia Michaels door dance -- I can’t even hear the song in a store without stopping dead in my tracks -- and the unfathomably brilliant “The Garden” dance by Sonya Tayeh. (Nigel tells me that Sonya’s back, too!)

Ten more days until Cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment