Monday, January 26, 2009

WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN: I'm not paid the big bucks by television networks to come up with programming, but can someone explain to me why on God's green earth both NBC and ABC seem absolutely committed to refusing to put anything even remotely interesting on against CSI: Miami? (And this problem will get even worse next year, when NBC relinquishes the slot to Leno.) Sure, I can understand that NBC's been stung by three straight costly failures in the slot (Studio 60, Journeyman, and My Own Worst Enemy), but it seems to me that a risky programming move with counterprogramming there could work as well as ABC's use of Grey's to blunt the Office/CSI combo on Thursdays--what about moving Brothers & Sisters there? Or having given Dirty Sexy Money or Eli Stone a shot in the timeslot?

No comments:

Post a Comment