Sunday, September 14, 2008

I AM GLAD I AM NOT A CHARGERS FAN TONIGHT: Oh, my goodness. But let's be clear -- just because Denver coach Mike Shanahan's gutsy ballsy reckless? inspired 2-pt conversion call worked does not mean that ex ante it was the correct decision to make. I'll be interested in seeing what our Outsider friends have to say on the topic, but clearly we have a Game of the Year candidate already.

[A smart friend asked: how many other NFL coaches have the moxie + job security to make such a call? Belichick, Holmgren, Coughlin, maybe Reid (but he wouldn't), maybe McCarthy or Fox?]

In other news: Brandon Marshall is the new Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson is also the new Randy Moss, Aaron Rodgers is the new [Not Going There], Dante Rosario and Anthony Fasano are the new Frisman Jackson and Fred Beasley, and I need 33 from Donovan F. McNabb if I'm going to beat Mr. Cosmo this week in VSFL X. Your real and fantasy football thoughts are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment