Thursday, July 31, 2008

YOUR DRESS MADE HER LOOK LIKE SHE WAS READY TO CUT SOMEBODY, IN A GOOD WAY: Sandra Bernhardt isn't the Tony Bourdain of fashion, but she'll do. Oh yes, she'll do. And overall it's shaping up to be a promising season of Project Runway.

The quality of the work is even interfering with the adolescent reflex to heap derision on competitors getting the "hate me" edit.

Bronzer Boy is getting a less homicide-inspiring edit, but it's too late. He's dead to me and I don't like his clothes. The designs from he who cannot be named because his name is fake and irritating and besides which he's already used up every available instance of it speaking of himself in the third person have been really impressive. (He's good. I admit it. Now shut him up.) Other than those two, if somebody would help Lady Jeffrey Sibelia with her eye makeup I'd be all out of complaints about this season's cast.

Also, I thought last night's winner had designed a dress for pheasant smugglers --- bad pheasant smugglers trying to sneak out of an early episode of Miami Vice or Manimal. That's not a complaint. I'm sure it was "good" if you're the sort who knows stuff about such things. As previously and frequently stated, I do not, so I just stand in the pit and laugh and laugh with the rest of the rabble.

No comments:

Post a Comment