Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A GLASS-HALF-FULL KIND OF GUY: Now, I'm not a lawyer, but -- wait, yes, yes I am a lawyer -- so I speak with unquestionable expertise when I say that the next time I'm defending a guy accused of imprisoning and raping his daughter for 24 years and also imprisoning the seven (grand)children he fathered in the same secret underground dungeon, this will not be a huge part of my defense:
Fritzl, 73, claimed credit for having saved the life of his daughter and added: "I could have killed them all. Then there would have been no trace. No-one would have found me out."
Call me a legal maverick, but I don't think I want to play the "it could have been worse" card in the one case where, in fact, it couldn't. I mean, even that German cannibal's defense now is "it could be worse -- look at that messed-up Austrian dude."

No comments:

Post a Comment