Friday, February 8, 2008

YOU, YOU'VE GOT A PRETTY CAR; I THINK I WANT TO DRIVE IT (DRIVE IT): Performers announced thus far for Sunday night's Grammy Awards presentation include:
Aretha Franklin; Tina Turner with Beyoncé Knowles; Andrea Bocelli and Josh Groban; Feist; Fergie and John Legend; John Fogerty with Jerry Lee Lewis and Little Richard; Foo Fighters (with special guest conductor John Paul Jones); Alicia Keys; Brad Paisley; Carrie Underwood; Eldar; Kid Rock; Dave Koz; Keely Smith; Herbie Hancock and Lang Lang (conducted by famed maestro John Mauceri); the Clark Sisters, Israel And New Breed, and Trin-I-Tee 5:7; the casts of "The Beatles LOVE by Cirque du Soleil" and Across The Universe; and Rihanna with a reunited the Time.

Someone bring me my mirror! I'm not sensing anything must-see or you'll-never-see-again like the 14 Minutes of FUNK from that list, but, hey, strike, so nothing else on. Amy Winehouse has been denied a visa and will not be attending, but may be performing via satellite.

[Our previous compilation of memorable Grammy performances, captured on YouTube, is here.]

No comments:

Post a Comment