Saturday, November 17, 2007

A List Of Things Thrown Five Minutes Ago

THIS IS POST #7409: Five years ago today, I started blogging.

I had an inkling as to what this place would be, and it has definitely evolved into what it should be -- a place to dwell on the things which aren't our jobs, and which aren't supposed to be serious, but which we like talking about anyway and are worth discussing in depth. In that regard, the posts immediately below this one -- on the history/impact of MTV and on the RRHOF merits of Donna Summer (with the comments attached to both) -- are perfect reflections of what this place has been all about, and even more so since I didn't write either post.

There are five groups of people I need to thank right now, and while most of this is obvious it still ought to be said: first, to my co-bloggers, who amuse and enlighten me daily. Without Matt, Alex, Isaac, Phil, TPE, Kim, Bob and Kingsley, none of this is nearly as much fun or as interesting. Second, to all of our readers, commenters and lurkers, co-adventurers in building this increasingly large community. We aren't a "we" without all of you.

Third is for all the people who write stuff to which I link, because I'm not that smart on my own, and to all the people who have created the pop culture about which we write. And fourth for the folks behind Blogger, because, seriously -- free? easy to use? unlimited distribution? and free? None of this was necessary, yet all of it is essential.

And finally, of course, I thank Jen and Lucy, who tolerate my nonsense both in real space and cyberspace on a regular basis. As is written in the Song of Songs and on our Ketubah, I have found the one in whom my soul delights.

Okay, but I can't leave you on that note. Instead, I was able to dig up an updated version of a dead link from that first week of the blog (Larry King! Fred Neulander! Chunky A! Talking about practice! Reference to "the greatness of Dratch-Fey-Poehler-Rudolph"!) which in many ways encapsulates what this place is all about. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome back Kikko-Man! (now with allegedly accurate subtitles), and let's keep a-goin'!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:10 PM

    00 on а Satuгdаy, then getting eitheг $150.
    00 οr $250.Double zeгo bу Feb 5th оr anуwherе іn between,
    is known as succeѕsful onlіnе gambling.
    My web blog :: ac dc Songs

    ReplyDelete