Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Book World Live - washingtonpost.com

WARTHOG POOP SHOOT: ALOTT5MA fave Anthony Bourdain did a live chat with WaPo readers yesterday. It's a fun one:
Washington, D.C.: Would you ever consider challenging Chef Flay or Batali on Iron Chef? Would the Travel Channel even allow this?

Anthony Bourdain: No way. I'd get my ass kicked. And with my luck, the secret ingredient would probably be Tofu.

Alexandria, Va.: What do you like so much about Japanese cuisine? (I'm totally falling for it myself, but I can't figure out why. It's weird. )

Anthony Bourdain: Fresh, clean, refined--it removes all but the necessary. And because it's the end product of centuries of thinking very seriously about food and pleasure. And because the Japanese can and will pay 300 dollars a POUND--wholesale--for the best fish.
Yes, there may be an ALOTT5MA Award in his future.

No comments:

Post a Comment