Wednesday, April 11, 2007

HARNESSING THE POWER OF THE THINGTHROWERS: A request for book suggestions from frequent thingthrower Gretchen has reminded me that I have many, many hours of flight time coming up over the next month, including at least three flights of more than ten hours. With that background at your disposal, please recommend some reading material.

Gretchen requests something light and fun, but sufficiently well-written that she need not cringe while reading, and offers chick-lit and fantasy as potential genres. As for me, my tastes run toward historical fiction and cultural/social history, as well as fantasy. You may exclude anything that requires unduly heavy mental exertion. (As an example, I do not do Umberto Eco under any circumstances.)

Thank you for your attention to this pressing matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment