Sunday, March 25, 2007

I'M SO HAPPY, I WANT TO RUSH RIGHT OUT AND CALL TICKETMASTER: Lest there be any doubt, let me be very clear that the producers of the always-bloated and never-interesting AI finale should learn a lesson from the Project Broadway people as to how to put together a finale.

Admittedly, I'm a sucker for this stuff -- when Mr. Cosmo wandered into the living room to see whether America got it right, he found me sitting there with tears streaming down my face, blathering something about how I'd never been so happy watching a TV show in my entire life.

A couple of surprises:
  • Juliana was Kathleen Marshall's initial pick for Sandy after Grease Academy? Really?
  • Is it just me, or does Broadway Kenickie look like he's 50 years old?

And, well, that's about it for surprises. But all in all, a magnificent ending to a wholly worthwhile enterprise. What show will David Ian next be casting on national television? I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment