Sunday, February 25, 2007

TIME TO RETIRE FROM THAT MALT SHOP IN THE SKY: Okay, so Frankie's gotten a little long in the tooth to play Teen Angel. But tonight, for the first time, I feel like we really have a bona fide frontrunner for the role of Sandy. Laura (Small Town Sandy) is the first girl to try to do a "sexy" Sandy who has actually come across as affirmatively sexy. See Ashley's "These Boots Were Made For Walking" and Allie's "I Love Rock and Roll" for examples of how angry ≠ sexy. After three weeks of strong performances, Laura has become the one to beat. Tonight's farewells were the right ones, I think, although I'll save the discussion for the comments since I suspect that many people are watching this on a delay. Next week is all-Danny week -- Greased Lightning, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment