Thursday, February 15, 2007

I JUST STAND IN THE BACK AND YELL STUFF: I wasn't completely satisfied with the resolution of Mac McGill's racist comments, and I don't believe that football-obsessed Smash knows who Angela Davis is, and I'm skeptical that a band of high-school kids can just walk into a strip club dressing room without getting violently tossed by gigantic bouncers, and I'm not sure how a tiny town like Dillon supports a strip club anyway, and even if it could, I question whether anyone would actually go to a place called the Landing Strip (this show does have its fun with below-the-radar racy wordplay, like Stigmatalingus), and I marvel at the kind of coordination it would take to get a full crew of presumably neutral refs (and county police) to condone or support race-baiting and rule-breaking, and I'm pretty sure that Smash needs to break up with tone-deaf Waverly. Still, if you give me enough Landry ("think about the Africans, you know, blood diamonds"), enough Saracen stammering his way into Julie's heart, and enough of Coach Taylor fumbling through what he thinks is the right way to parent and Mrs. Coach having none of it, I'll walk away happy. And it was a nice reprieve from the Jason-and-Lyla plotline.

No comments:

Post a Comment