Friday, February 16, 2007

Chicagoist: Chicagoist Grills: Intelligentsia Coffee & Roasting Works CEO Doug Zell

KING CRIMSON'S REIGN: During those portions of my third year in law school in Chicago when I still cared about studying (the AlAl Crim Pro trilogy, that skinny guy with big ears and a funny name) , I'd head down two blocks in Lakeview to the new independent coffee/tea place, Intelligentsia, which was the first place I ever saw loose tea brewed for customers in those individual Bodum tea presses. Based on this interview with the Chicagoist ("In its twelve years, the company has grown from a small storefront café on Broadway to a booming wholesaler capable of recording nearly $12 million in sales annually"), I'm glad to see they're doing well, and, Spacepeople, expanding to Silver Lake soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment