Wednesday, January 17, 2007

BECAUSE I LOVE YOU I CAN SAY THIS. NO RICH YOUNG WHITE GUY HAS EVER GOTTEN ANYWHERE WITH ME COMPARING HIMSELF TO ROSA PARKS: As the ad-to-football ratio heaves to its climax in the next few weeks, it's time to call for a boycott. I kept meaning to do this earlier in the season, but I never got around to it. So here's my pledge, and I want you to join me:

As God is my witness, I will not buy a Chevrolet as long as the company continues to pollute my television with "This is Our Country" ads.

I am so upset by these things that I'm considering considering a Chevy just so that my boycott will have some financial repercussions. I am not aware of a single person anywhere in world who is neither financially interested in nor aesthetically outraged by that campaign. Each of us must look in his or her heart and ask, "if I don't hold Chevrolet accountable for its abusive marketing, who will?"

Come, join with me in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment