Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A MODERN-DAY TOM AND JERRY: I like to think that Joseph Barbera, who was a little anti-technology in defense of the old ways of animating (his objections always sounded to me a little like the pro-vinyl, anti-CD rants you used to hear), would have found a place in his heart for Tony and Paul, a couple of kids who married a low-tech sensibility with their mid-tech toys (namely a digital camera and Final Cut Pro). Actually, they're definitely more Harryhausen than Hanna-Barbera, but I couldn't think of an intro. Anyway, this video, courtesy of YouTube's featured list, shows an epic donnybrook between Tony and Paul that translates those flip-book animations you used to draw in your paperbacks into real space. This is just the kind of thing that makes me think that we, collectively, and excluding me personally, should be the person of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment