Saturday, October 28, 2006

I THOUGHT THEY PLAYED IN ARIZONA NOW: They called the National League AAAA, and they said that a team couldn't win with hand-me-downs from the Angels (a digression: I mean, I know he didn't play much in the series, but Scott Spiezio got 276 ABs for the Cards! Last year Spiezio lost about 80 pounds, hit .064 and posted an OBP of .137 for the Mariners while leading the majors in giant PG-13-rated tattoos of his pneumatically-enhanced girlfriend. That's like a historic lap-the-field triple-crown of suspiciousness, badness, and cheesiness. Who in his right mind would have thought that a team that actually relied upon Spiezio in a league that let Spiezio post a .366 OBP could beat the AL champs?) But who mocks whom now? (Answer: St. Louis mocks me now.) Congratulations, Mound City of Arched Friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment