Tuesday, May 30, 2006

YOUR OWN PERSONAL JESUS: The best thing about naming your kid Shiloh? She can be all things to all people. She can be the bloodiest of Civil War battles (my own initial reaction). She can be a fictional dog. She can be a real dog (obviously in the literal sense, as I'm guessing that Miss Jolie-Pitt is unlikely to otherwise be considered a dog). She can be a hard-core Bible college. She can be the place where the Ark of the Covenant was housed by the Israelites. Or she can just be a new messiah.

Shiloh is one of those words that feels beautiful coming off the tongue -- I understand it as a name in the same way that I understand -- sorta -- why 1,655 people named their daughters Cadence in 2005. (To say nothing of Kaydence and Kadence, naturellement.) I'll go so far as to say that I prefer it to Apple. Or even, dare I say, Hazel.

No comments:

Post a Comment