Monday, March 20, 2006

PAGING OZMODIAR! The Simpsons has signed up for its 18th and 19th seasons, guaranteeing it will last at least until 2008 and its 400th episode.

Four hundred episodes. I mean, wow. It just remains a towering, almost incomprehsible cultural accomplishment, making animation cool for adults again and placing allusion and satire atop the humor mountaintop, for better or for worse. It started when I was a senior in high school, such that when the show reaches this milestone, it willhave been on the air for half my life. When it started, as that zany show about Rebellious "Eat My Shorts" Bart, could anyone have foreseen this?

(Put a depressing way, though, this means that by 2008, half the show's episodes will have taken place after Phil Hartman's death, post-Hutz, post-McClure.)

Watch the new UK trailer, and then, ummm . . . I mean, it's The Simpsons, people. Say something smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment