Wednesday, March 8, 2006

I AIN'T BLIND AND I DON'T LIKE WHAT I THINK I SEE: Highlights from tonight's Y chromosome-infused edition of American Idol:
  • Once you rid the world of Kevin and Will, you're left with six talented and distinctive guys for the finals. I preferred Will to Kevin tonight -- I know I've made the church choir reference before as regards Kevin, but it's all I can think about while he's singing. It just shouts "Amateur! Amateur!"
  • Definitely Ace and Taylor's best performances to date. I actually didn't know that Ace had that kind of performance in him. And Taylor made me smile hard.
  • I still, still don't get the Elliott love. Why do they pimp him so mercilessly? He was unnecessarily vibratoing all over the place and was just generally meh.
  • Daughtry is lucky that he's got frontrunner good will, because tonight he sounded like one of those indistinguishable Kurt Cobain/Eddie Vedder knockoffs that were so ubiquitous on the radio during the early 90s.
  • I can't believe Bucky has a twin brother named Rocky. I find him much sweeter and more appealing than Kellie's Jessica-Simpson-in-Appalachia thing. Good performance tonight, too.
  • Gedeon wasn't as good as last week, and I found myself obsessing over the perfectly level horizontal perfection of his hairline throughout his performance. But all in all, he's been remarkably consistent throughout the semifinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment