Monday, March 20, 2006

GOOD LUCK, BROTHER -- SEE YOU IN ANOTHER LIFE, YEAH? So that was a unexpectedly freaky bit of crossover casting on 24 tonight. I guess we saw him last week as well, but it didn't register until tonight.

Two prominent features of 24: (1) I do love how they manage to end every episode with a new little cliffhanger -- it's very first-season-of-Alias in that regard, and (2) I find myself watching every character with skepticism: Will he turn out to be a mole? Will she? Who exactly is zoomin' who? The conclusion of this episode married these two tendencies nicely, don't you think?

(Sadly, I will not be posting about Prison Break, as my %&*@#%!!&^% Time Warner Cable DVR -- that's right, I dare to speak its name aloud -- chose tonight to pitch a hissy fit and do all sorts of things that did not involve recording Prison Break or HIMYM. I think my other DVR picked up HIMYM, but wasn't set for Prison Break. Feel free to let me know what happened.)

Edited to add: Here's an interesting Q&A with Prison Break's supervising producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment