Monday, November 28, 2005

NOW EMERGING FROM MY TRYPTOPHAN COMA FOR A TV ROUNDUP: So how many people didn't realize that a new Lost was slated for the night before Thanksgiving? Count me among the clueless -- I was pleasantly surprised on Friday when I turned on the TV and the TiVo announced that the saga of Ana Lucia awaited me. As flashback reveals go, this one rated a "meh." And shouldn't someone have directed Michael to look perhaps a little surprised upon seeing the hatch? The Sayid-Ana Lucia standoff was well done, though, as were the assorted marital reunions. I'm excited for the eventual Rose / Bernard flashback episode, whenever it shall transpire.

I'm also happy to announce that I finally sat down and watched five or six episodes of Grey's Anatomy this weekend. I'm less happy to announce that Amazon tells me that I can't get the Season 1 DVDs until Valentine's Day. Hmph. I'm not sure why it didn't take the first couple times I tried to watch, but I was quite engrossed on this most recent attempt, even watching last night's episode in real time. (I watch nothing in real time.) I know I'm late to the watercooler on this one, so won't spend a lot of time looking backward. One question for the faithful: I seem to recall people referring in the comments to not one but two Dr. McDreamys. To my knowledge, there is but one. Can someone clarify?

Last up: Threshold has apparently been cancelled. I will confess that I haven't watched it in a while -- mainly because I found it too scary to watch by myself, so was constrained by Mr. Cosmopolitan's much-more-limited television-viewing schedule. I'm bummed nonetheless, particularly because the even-more-gorgeous-than-Carla-Gugino Catherine Bell (of JAG fame) had recently been signed to join the cast. I strongly suspect that her presence would have dramatically increased Mr. Cosmopolitan's willingness to sit and watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment