Wednesday, June 15, 2005

YOU KNOW I WISH THAT I WERE J.J.'S GIRL: Before there was Sydney Bristow, there was Felicity Porter. And J. J. Abrams never forgets a muse.

Keri Russell, newly back in the biz after a post-Felicity hiatus from having people ask her why the hell she cut her hair, has recently been cast in MI:3 (directed by the omnipresent Mr. Abrams) as a trainee agent being mentored by Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt. Curly girls everywhere are thrilled to see Keri again. The timing is useful for J.J., too, as he obviously couldn't cast Jennifer Garner in the role -- is there a suspension of disbelief sufficient to allow for the possibility that Sydney Bristow would need to be trained by Tom Cruise?

And I think I speak for all of us when I deeply and profoundly thank J.J. for not casting Katie "I'm just loving being in love" and "I'm so proud to be his woman" Holmes.

No comments:

Post a Comment