Friday, June 10, 2005

THE FURNACE, SHE ISN'T BURNING: This is turning out to be a very fruitful discussion, teasing out minority opinions about movie and music. To wit, what recording artist do you simply not get? I have only fallen asleep at paid entertainment twice. Once, when I saw Bob Dylan in concert (Oakland, July 24, 1986), the other time watching Alien 4. Maybe I don't like Dylan because I'm always told -- as some tribute to my Baby Boom cultural masters -- that I must. I don't, but that may be simple reactionarism.

What I really don't get -- and for this I might lose posting privileges -- is Bruce Springsteen. I don't know that I have a great explanation for this. I know he's significant and important and great. But, gwah! I haven't listened to a Springsteen song straight through in 20 years. I just find it so damned tedious.

No comments:

Post a Comment