Friday, April 22, 2005

OUTWIT, OUTPLAY, OUTLAST, OUTPLEAD, OUTCRY, OUTSHAME, OUTBULLY, OUTMANIPULATE: I don't know how to do this without giving anything away, but I assume that those of you who were going to watch did so already. All I can say is that I don't remember a host administering such a thorough beat-down on a reality show contestant (and I'm counting Tyra's crazy-eyed shrieking weave-to-weave combat last week, which I think was staged) and I don't remember seeing as unfair a fight on TV since we got Tyson-Spinks on pay-per-view in 1988. And I guess the lesson is that strength can beat weakness a lot of ways, including physically, mentally, and having influential friends. On a related note, Probst sure has come a long way from when someone named Joanna called him Peachy on the TWOP recaps. It's nice to see him stave off host boredom (he has done this 10 times now) by calling everybody on their shit. I do believe he may finally have pulled ahead in the Probst vs. Lodge debate.

No comments:

Post a Comment