Thursday, February 3, 2005

A IS FOR APPLE, J IS FOR JACKSONVILLE: This week, a young Philadelphia Eagles fan poured herself a seemingly routine bowl of Apple Jacks, only to discover upon gazing down at the bowl that the green Jacks had morphed together in the milk to form an Eagles logo in the bowl. In the days before the ol' InterWeb, that may have been the end of the story, but taking a cue from the Virgin Mary grilled cheese, the girl has put the bowl and dried out cereal up for sale on eBay. As of this posting, bidding was up to $155.01. (Adam, hurry, bidding ends soon!)

Perhaps the winning bidder will send the cereal along to Eagles wide receiver Todd Pinkston, who lists Apple Jacks as his favorite cereal, or safety Brian Dawkins, whose bio includes this quote: "I wish I could eat cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner and watch as much cartoons as my son and daughter."

Also, with this post, I'd like to introduce a side blog I have started called Silly Rabbit, which, to the best of my knowledge, is the first blog devoted to breakfast cereal news and views. I'll still be blogging here just as often, doing the list thing and more, it just occurred to me yesterday that a cereal blog was a void I needed to fill. I just started it, and this post is repeated over there, but do check it out when you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment