Sunday, November 14, 2004

O.D.B. IS D.O.A.: Sad news from the hip hop world today, as Ol' Dirty Bastard, a/k/a Big Baby Jesus, Osiris Siris, Dirt McGirt and Russell Jones, collapsed and died yesterday in a recording studio. He was 35, and leaves behind 13 children.

Beyond the music, most of us will remember him for bumrushing the stage at the 1998 Grammy Awards. Upset that the Wu-Tang Clan had lost a rap award to Puff Daddy, he interrupted Shawn Colvin's attempted acceptance speech for another award and declaimed the following: "I went and bought me an outfit today that cost me a lot of money, because I figured that Wu-Tang was gonna win. I don't know how you all see it, but when it comes to the children, Wu-Tang is for the children. We teach the children. Puffy is good, but Wu-Tang is the best. I want you all to know that this is ODB, and I love you all, peace."

They will be pouring some off at the O.D.B. McDonald's tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment