Wednesday, June 2, 2004

JIMMY FALLON GETS THIS, AND I DON'T? There are many times I wish I were famous, but perhaps never more than when I read about gift bags given to presenters and nominees at award shows. Now, honestly, this year's Tony gift bag is a bit of a disappointment--I mean, honestly, what am I going to do with "Gift certificate for a cut and color with Edward and Joel and a manicure and pedicure from Warren-Tricomi Salon" or "La Leash (for cell phone, keys, ID card, pen) from La Loop." (And who the hell are "Edward and Joel" anyway?)

Ah, but the gift bag isn't this year's true secret--it's what's in the "gift lounge" backstage, where presenters can pick up a gift certificate for Lasik on both eyes, an annual unlimited movie pass for two from Loews Cineplex Entertainment, and a Tempur-Pedic Swedish mattress, all for standing on stage for five minutes and delivering a couple of bad jokes. Honestly, do presenters even need this stuff? I think Nicole Kidman and Scarlett Johansson can both afford to buy these sorts of things.

And in other Tony news, the very funny Marissa Jaret Winokur, who I believe will have the honor of presenting host Hugh Jackman with his Tony, as she won Best Actress in a Musical last year, had a bit of a humiliating experience with a dresser earlier this week, but ultimately gets the last laugh, with friend Anna Wintour making sure she's fashionable.

No comments:

Post a Comment