Tuesday, March 2, 2004

WELL, I GOT ME A FINE WIFE, I GOT ME A FIDDLE: Start the countdown clocks and set your TiVos, VCRs and related devices -- Nashville Star 2 debuts on the USA Network this Saturday night at 10p with a ninety-minute special.

Fans of this website recall the raves I gave the show last season since week one. Think American Idol, but with more talent and integrity, people who can play instruments and write their own songs while singing their hearts out. It was a great run, and winner Buddy Jewell was exactly the kind of undiscovered talent who deserves all the boost a show like this can deliver.

(Yeah, Buddy was great, but I still miss Amy Chappell -- great voice, great heart, best original song of the group. I hope she makes it big someday.)

So, even though they've axed Robert K. Oermann, my pick for Best Reality TV Host/Judge of 2003, I'm eager for the new season, and look forward to being wowed again.

I am not a country music fan, but I loved this show. Cristal Connors' big sister is back, and I hope you'll give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment