Tuesday, October 7, 2003

LICENSE TO KILL: I'm still trying to figure out what to say about Rush Limbaugh. Adam likes to refer to this as a mostly non-political blog, so I'm treating it as entertainment. You see, after he revealed his true demon self on ESPN last week, Rush claimed that if people were offended by what he said then it must be true. Quoth he:

"All this has become the tempest that it is because I must have been right about something," Limbaugh said. "If I wasn't right, there wouldn't be this cacophony of outrage that has sprung up in the sports writer community."

Putting the obtuse logic of that statement to one side, you have to recognize that it puts him in a uniquely vulnerable position.

So I'm taking the pseudo-intellectual hate-mongering blowhard at his word... and trying to think of something so outrageous to say about him that even he will have to admit it's true. It's really fun, and cheaper than therapy... It's been ten days, and I still haven't done him justice.

I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime I encourage everyone out there to take this opportunity to say something truly outrageous about Rush. Remember, outrageous = true, so tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but.

No comments:

Post a Comment