Sunday, June 1, 2003

WOLF IN HEAT: Phillies pitcher Randy Wolf may be the subject of a future Vows column, but he needs your help. From the New York Post:
"There was just something in the way we looked at each other," he said in a telephone interview from Montreal, where the team is playing a weekend series against the Expos.

"I was smitten. Even though we spoke for maybe 30 seconds, I could tell she had a great personality and was really cool. She just caught my eye."

Their paths crossed on the No. 7 subway train platform at Grand Central Station about 9:15 a.m. as the lefty hurler and a few teammates headed to Shea Stadium for an afternoon game against the Mets.

"She appeared lost so I asked her if she was OK," Wolf recalled.

"She asked me which train goes to Times Square, and I told her it's the No. 7."

Lovestruck by the brown-haired, brown-eyed twenty-something beauty, Wolf missed the next Queens-bound train.

So the ballplayer turned around, and saw the confused woman hesitating to get on a westbound train.

"She decided not to get on the train, so I walked up to her and asked, 'Are you going to be OK? I could stay here,' " said Wolf.

"And she said, 'No, you could take the train.' "

So the 6-foot, 198-pound California native caught the next Queens train - before he even had a chance to get the woman's name.

The pitcher, whose record this season is 5-2 with an ERA of 3.13, said he'd love to play the dating game with the woman, who he said was wearing brown suede bell bottoms and a black coat.

"I wish we had more than 30 seconds on a busy subway platform," said Wolf.

"I've been thinking about her a lot. You never know what could happen. She just had this innocence. She really put me at ease. I would just like to see where it could lead."

Should this unknown passenger wish to contact Wolf, a 6-0, 198-pound left-hander whose hobbies include music, movies and a Southern California lifestyle, she has been directed to contact the Phillies public relations department at pubrel@phillies.com.

People all over the world . . . join hands . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment