Friday, April 25, 2003

UNDESERVED PRAISE: As reported by Andy Lloyd of Pathetic Earthlings as part of his travels Down Under, and verified by Aussie blogger extraordinaire Tim Blair via email:
We met up with several Australian bloggers later in the evening. I'm missing one here, but with Tom of aftergrog.blogspot.com and Alan of alananderson.blogspot.com and a third gentlemen whose name (and blog) escapes me. I'm hoping Tim can stick it in a comment if he gets to my blog today. But they all claimed to have read my blog -- and if they hadn't I wish I could have lied as convincingly -- and we just mused about how much the Blogosphere brings the world together -- we've got friends all over the planet now and I, who was never promethian about the internet, can't say enough good things about this.

One cool thing, of course, was getting to remind Tim to check out my friend Adam Bonin's blog -- Throwing Things -- (bad connection here in the lobby, so no links 'cuz I cannot I'm not surfing to check the links). What was cool, of course, was that Tim (who didn't know Adam and I are friends) said, more or less: "that's one of the greatest blogs there is. I need to read it more. He's practically the only fellow doing something different in the Blogosphere."

Like, wow. But why aren't there more pop culture blogs? If you know of some good ones (or are running one), let me know. We need to network and cross-promote like the law/politics cabals, so that people can find us.

No comments:

Post a Comment