Monday, April 21, 2003

SKITTLEBRAU: From the U.K.'s Guardian Unlimited, Euan Ferguson's "300 Reasons We Love The Simpsons".

Here's a few:
6. The minor characters, such as Bad Jack Crawley, such a bad man that Bob Dylan wrote a song to keep him in jail.

7. Homer: 'Operator, give me the number for 911!'

42. Bart's one trophy. Inscribed 'Everybody Gets A Trophy Day.'

59. Homer: Donut?
Lisa: 'No, thanks. Do you have any fruit?
Homer: [offers some of the donut he's eating] This has purple stuff inside. Purple is a fruit.

129-134. The five most emancipated sayings of the Malibu Stacy dolls (as collected by Smithers and Lisa) - 'I wish they taught shopping in school'; 'Let's bake some cookies for the boys'; 'Don't ask me - I'm just a girl'; Now let's forget our troubles with a big bowl of strawberry ice-cream'; 'Thinking too much gives you wrinkles' and 'My name is Malibu Stacy but you can call me (wolf-whistle).'

All that, but no dental plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment